5 Signs That Tree Roots Are Blocking Your Pipes:
- A spike in your water bill: Anytime your water bill goes up, there is a chance something is wrong with your plumbing system. You may want to call a plumber for a video camera inspection if your utilities have gone up recently, just to ensure nothing is wrong. And if you notice any of the following signs in addition to greater water expenses, you will definitely want to hire a professional to see if tree roots are to blame.
- Slower drains and blocked pipes: While there are multiple reasons your drains may slow down, if you notice this in conjunction with a backup in your pipes, you should call a plumber to see if tree roots are the culprit. Slow drains and blocked pipes are a strong sign that tree roots have infiltrated your system, and if they continue to occur, there is a greater chance tree roots are causing this problem.
- Soft spots in your yard: Soft, wet spots or sinkholes are a major sign that something is wrong with your plumbing. As water flows out of your underground pipes and sewer lines, it may pool at spots in your yard, indicating that tree roots are clogging your system.
- Nasty smells: A noxious odor is a very strong sign that something is wrong with your sewer line. If you detect any bad smells in your yard, you should call a plumber immediately to see if tree roots have made their way into your system.
- Faster growing trees: In rare occasions, where moisture from your pipes pools in one area more than others, it can actually help trees grow, providing nutrients that make them look healthier and develop quicker. While this may be great news for your trees, it can indicate there’s a major issue in your pipes. Watch out if you have one or more trees that are growing faster than the others in your yard, and if you notice any of the above signs as well, call a plumber to see if tree roots are clogging your pipes.
For Tree Roots & More, Trust the Pros at Rooter Guard Plumbing Services
While tree roots certainly are a major problem in the plumbing industry, Rooter Guard Services has what it takes to eliminate them quickly and completely. Our skilled Van Nuys tree root incursion plumbers are equipped with powerful hydrojetting technology, which uses a high-powered stream of water to pulverize even the toughest obstructions, including tree roots. And in the unfortunate case that tree roots do severely damage your system, we offer cutting-edge pipe and sewer line repair and replacement, so you never have to be without working plumbing for long. Call today for specials and coupons, and let the experts at Rooter Guard Plumbing Services guard your plumbing system.