Van Nuys Water Heater Services
We Keep Your Hot Water Flowing
When it comes to getting warm and hot water in your home, you might not think about it much. Then the winter hits and you realize you have only cold water, and things start to get serious. Don’t wait for issues to happen with your home’s water. Instead, look into getting help for your water heater. Rooter Guard is the top choice plumber when it comes to water heater services in the San Fernando Valley and Los Angeles.
Some of the options we offer in regard to keeping your warm water flowing include:
- Water heater installation – Whether you are upgrading or building a home, we can help with the installation of your new water heater. We make sure all the connections are in place and that water flows properly.
- Water heater repair – No matter what water heater issue you are having, we can assess and fix it. If the issue is severe, we can advise you as to what to do regarding the repair. Often, it just needs a few small adjustments to the tank and connections. Instead of going the “DIY” method and risk messing things up, let us get the job done for you.
- Water heater replacement – If you need a replacement, we can help get you on your way to warm and hot water again. Whether you are looking to upgrade or simply want to purchase something similar to what you already have, we can make sure your replacement does what it’s supposed to do without hassle or pain.
Call (818) 650-4883 today to request any of our water heater services in Van Nuys.
Signs of Water Heater Failure
Water heaters don’t always show clear signs they are about to fail. That’s why you need to be diligent in recognizing key symptoms. Being proactive about your water heater’s health can help you save money and prevent costly damage.
Signs your water heater is failing:
- Strange Sounds - Noise coming from the water heater means there is something wrong and heated sediment may be stirring up from the bottom of the tank. You may also hear bubbling, gurgling, or popping sounds that may occur consistently or at irregular intervals. These are most likely to happen under load, so check the water heater while running the shower or laundry and again afterward.
- Lack of Hot Water – If your shower water is lukewarm or it takes ages for your sink water to heat up, your water heater is not doing well. As water is regularly heater, water minerals separate and settle at the bottom of your water heater. If not cleaned out, this build up interferes with the unit’s ability to heat the water. If left unchecked, it can lead to water heater failure.
- Leaking Tank – Pay close attention to unexpected water puddles around your water heater. Because of the high temperatures within the water heater tank, the metal can corrode leading to fractures and fissures. These can cause leaks that can potentially flood your entire home.
Beware of Hot Water Leaks
If there is a leak, call a professional plumber immediately. The water heater may be about to fail and you risk having water damage and the consequences of it, including mold and structural damage. The tank, fittings, or hoses may leak due to corrosion. If you suspect a prolonged leak, have a professional inspect the floor beneath the water heater and the framing. Rust is another issue to look for and is almost a sure sign water is leaking even if you don’t see it directly.
Other Causes for Concern
The age of your water heater is an important factor. Water heaters have an average lifespan of 15 years. If you turn on the faucet and see muddy water coming from pipes, you may have a corroded tank and flakes of rust may be entering your water supply. You may only need to drain and flush the tank, or it may be time to replace the unit. In either case, you should call a professional to clean out the sediment or minerals in the tank or install a brand-new unit.
A lack of hot water is a sign of impending water heater failure. Most units can supply enough water for three showers without a problem. No hot water or water that is lukewarm can mean the heater isn’t functioning properly. There could be a gas valve problem, or the tank has filled up with sediment or minerals. If you don’t have the experience, call a certified plumber to inspect the system and diagnose the problem so it can be fixed.
Call Us for Water Heater Inspections, Repairs & Installation
When you call us for water heater services of any kind, we can make sure your life is not interrupted for a long period of time. Even if there’s an emergency and you need assistance right away, we can make sure you are taken care of. A plumber will promptly visit your home and troubleshoot the water heater for a variety of common problems, which requires a visual check and an assessment of the appliance’s functions.
In other words, they will:
- Test your hot water
- Listen for unusual sounds
- Look for corrosion in, on, or near the tank
Rooter Guard Fixes All Water Heater Problems in Van Nuys
If you have a leak or you hear noises coming from your tank, call us and we can make sure to solve the problem. If you suspect that you are having troubles with your water heater, call us with questions and we will do our best to determine what your issue is and if we need to come to your home and conduct an inspection. Most often, we can fix simple issues within a few minutes while installation, large repair, and upgrades will take a little longer.
Trust Us to Keep Your Water Heater in Top Shape
We advise against you trying to turn on pilot lights or deal with gas water heaters without calling a professional. There might be a lot of information floating around online to show you how it’s done, but when you are dealing with a potentially dangerous apparatus, it’s best to call in someone who has professional experience like Rooter Guard. We can help you get through the winter months with warm and hot water and keep you safe from disastrous problems that can affect water heaters.
If your water heater is functioning less effectively or you simply want to have an older unit inspected, contact our team. We are available 24/7 and have special offers, so check often for deals that can allow you to save.
Call (818) 650-4883 today. A professional Van Nuys water heater technician will find the cause of your water heater problems and provide repairs or replacement as necessary.
“Courteous, professional, neat, and fast”- Holly C.
“Highly skilled and patient”- Happy Customer
“Went above and beyond to correct the issues at hand”- Ashley A.